Naaranlahti Resort - a lake lover's paradise
Resort Naaranlahti in Finnish Lakeland since 1964
Family Hänninen welcomes you to the Saimaa Region
First guests arrived to Resort Naaranlahti in year 1964 when our grand grandparents Helmi and Arvi Hänninen were hosting the farm. Since then, we, the family Hänninen, have committed to build and develop the resort with passion: Grandparents Kaisa and Antero expanded the operations and built many new buildings on the farm. Now, the third generation, with Janne in charge, is running the Naaranlahti family business.
In addition to being a holiday resort and offering accommodation by the lake in holiday houses and rooms/apartments, Naaranlahti is a traditional Finnish farm with hay and grain fields and green forests around. Fishing in the Lake Puruvesi, famous for its clear water, and living very close to nature are essential parts of our daily life.
Wish to take a look into what life is like in Finland? We warmly welcome you all to visit Resort Naaranlahti and its many alternatives for accommodation and traditional Finnish activities in nature!
What we offer - our services
- More than 80 beds in holiday houses, apartments and rooms with Bed & Breakfast: All our holiday houses have their own beach and a rowing boat. The houses are located by the Lake Puruvesi, famous in Finland for its clear and pure water. In total, we offer 13 holiday houses and 14 apartments, each accommodating 2-8 persons.
- Activities and nature experiences in Saimaa Region, in the middle of the largest lake district in Europe: The various "must-try" activities in Finland like fishing and fishing trips, boat/canoe/SUP trips, heating a sauna, breathing the cleanest air in the world, swimming in a lake, taking a walk in the forest, picking berries and mushrooms or riding horses and watching our other animals on the farm. We are happy to assist you to discover the secrets of world's happiest nation!
- Events for you and other organisations: We create and run events for outdoor enthusiasts - Puruvesi SwimRun every June is our main event.
What we care for - our values
- Living close to and caring for nature: All our activities and investments are based on respecting the nature. We use wood from our forests for building and energy. We harvest hay and grain in our fields. Our garden proivides us with berries and vegetables. The Lake Puruvesi and the surrounding green forests are our main sources of recreation and livelihood round the year. Our hens provide us with eggs and we collect mushrooms and berries in the forest. In addition to hens, you can spot horses, dogs and pet rabbits at Resort Naaranlahti.
- A story of three generations: Our frst guests arrived to in 1964. Since then, we, the family Hänninen, have committed to build and develop the resort with passion: Now, our third generation, with Janne in charge, is running the Naaranlahti family business.
- Personal service and hospitality: We are pleased to provide you with our very best personal service and hospitality, since 1964.